Service Installation Questions
For additional questions, you can contact your MetroNet Business Customer Care Staff, available day or night, at (888) 664-1348.
- It is recommended that a phone or IT vendor be onsite during installation. MetroNet will not be responsible for any costs incurred by the phone and Internet vendor.
- There must be power to the area where Metronet Equipment (ONT) will be installed.
- The area where equipment is to be installed must be safely accessible and free of clutter.
- If new construction or Remodeling, walls must be up to install ONT.
- Per the Metronet Service Agreement, MetroNet is responsible for service up to the MetroNet DMARC (ONT). Anything beyond the DMARC (including phone & data (Ethernet) outlets/jacks) is the customer’s internal network and the business owner’s financial responsibility to contact IT and/or Phone vendor for installation, support and/or repairs relating to customer’s internal network.
- Vendors will be responsible for locating all lines prior to the Installation Date provided by MetroNet and will be responsible for connecting Customer’s internal phone system to MetroNet’s demarcation point.
- If phone numbers are being ported, phone vendor must be present on the Installation Date to move phone lines. Customer will be responsible for scheduling the Phone Vendor on the Installation Date and shall pay all expenses associated with the Phone Vendor.
MetroNet does not support or program customer-owned routers. It is the business owner’s financial responsibility to contact an IT vendor for router support. If your business requires a router, MetroNet offers a Managed Router service for a monthly fee. MetroNet’s Managed Router will support no more than one static IP.
If a charge card machine or fax is required, we recommend that this equipment is installed on a dedicated line, and that the phone/IT vendor is contacted to check for compatibility with fiber.
The Optical Network Terminal (ONT) will be installed, which enables MetroNet to provide service to your business. When an ONT/fiber drop is installed, MetroNet is responsible for service up to the DMARC point (ONT). Anything beyond the DMARC is the customer’s internal network and the business owner’s financial responsibility to contact an IT vendor for support and/or repairs.